Wednesday, August 26, 2009

For Once, Be a Wall Flower!



Nothing says dull like four plain white walls in your bedroom. It can be difficult coming up with a creative solution for a boring room--decorations and artwork can really rack up the bills. So, what can you do? One fun idea is wall decals. My mother recently came to stay with me in my DC apartment, and was appalled when she walked into my bedroom and saw the blandness emanating from my four white walls. The next day, I came home from work and my room had been totally transformed into a bright and inspired place. It was welcoming, cozy, and suddenly colorful--all this for about 30 dollars! She had enhanced my room with splashes of color around my mirror, behind my bed, and even put a few bonus decals in my bathroom. They came in many different patterns, from florals to damasks, and everything in between. And the best part is--once you can finally afford to splurge on posh artwork, the decals peel right off, leaving the paint intact!

by Jessica Marzelli

No comments: