Monday, August 3, 2009

DC's New W Hotel













Last week, I had the opportunity to work on my first event at DC’s new W Hotel. The W is definitely impressive. Both the first floor lounge and the rooftop bar were packed! The event I helped with, Kids Enjoy Exercise Now Wednesday Warm-up, was in the W’s Altitude Room. The Altitude Room is on the top floor and allows access to the nearby rooftop. My two favorite features of the room are the fireplace and the 15 foot ceilings. The W’s in house chairs (pictured below) are very sleek and modern. Windows on the north wall are also a great feature that is often difficult to find in a hotel ballroom space. I think the space lends itself well to intimate social events and I am excited to design more events at the W soon!

by Laura Miller, Event Planner

No comments: