Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Interpretation on The 2009 Fall/Winter Pantone


I love the new colors for the upcoming Fall/Winter. They are exciting, bold and sophisticated. Here is my take on each.

Crème Brulee
Pantone 13-1006



Inspiration: The past, old world elegance with a twinkle of sassiness.

This color evokes: Lush sexiness, intense drama (when paired correctly), polish and sophistication.

Pair with: Iron, black, icy tones, red and of course pink.


Rapture Rose
Pantone 17-1929



Inspiration: The pink vein running through an orchid petal, a shabby chic antique tin ceiling tile.

This color evokes: Old world nobility, and the return of lavish yester years.

Pair with: Camel, black and all shades of pink

Iron
Pantone 18-1306



Inspiration: Love this color; it is my new black. I just designed an entire party around this color so my inspiration would be Nick’s Bar Mitzvah.

This color evokes: sophistication and simplicity

Pair with: White, icy blue, orange, black and tones of gray.



Burnt Sienna
Pantone 17-1544



Inspiration: My childhood box of crayons.

This color evokes: The true sense of Fall. I would also love to see this color on Jess, one of our event planners – stunning with her complexion.

Pair with: Nomad, Majolica blue, brown and brick red

Nomad
Pantone 16-1212



Inspiration: Silly putty (one of my favorite things)

This color evokes: Strength, and the perfect palette for deep, rich, bold accessories.

Pair with: Tone on Tone, black, red, burnt sienna, and shades of green.


Warm Olive
Pantone 15-0646



Inspiration: The transition from summer to fall. A fabulous accent color for décor.

This color evokes: freshness and optimism.

Pair with: orange, purple, Nomad and Iron.


Majolica Blue
Pantone 19-4125



Inspiration: I am normally not a blue fan but, I adore this color. This blue reminds me of rainy fall morning and the coziness of reading the paper in bed.

This color evokes: moodiness, drama, comfort and is fashion forward.

Pair with: Crisp neutrals, black, magenta and Honey Yellow


Honey Yellow
Pantone 16-1143



Inspiration: Tuscany and family dinner around my farm planked table.

This color evokes: Old world warmth

Pair with: brown, Majolica blue, peacock green, cool purple and ivory


Purple Heart
Pantone 18-3520



Inspiration: My mother (it is her favorite color) and the sky just before a storm

This color evokes: sophistication, warmth and love.

Pair with: deep red, black, green and ivory.

American Beauty
Pantone 19-1759



Inspiration: The orient and my favorite lipstick. This color is the perfect red for a dining room.

This color evokes: drama and decadence

Pair with: black, deep purple, gold, turquoise, and greens

by Jaime Greenwald

No comments: