Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's all about the details

Before I became an event planner and I attended lots of events,
from Weddings to Bar Mitzvahs and I never used to pay attention to the details,
everything just looked pretty and I was just enjoying the festivities. This past weekend I attended a friend’s wedding and I noticed a lot of things that I never would have noticed before. The linens were not covering the table legs and they were wrinkled. The flower centerpieces were clearly too small for the table size and most importantly the room lacked in ambient lighting. I said to myself with my new trained eye, that this is not acceptable to me; the bride clearly did not get top notch décor service and lighting. I wish I would have known ahead of time, I definitely would have made a difference.

Ladies that is why planners are so important to hire, because they know how to bring your wedding space to the ultimate level of perfection. This is clearly one of the most important days of your life; do not leave it to chance.

Since the day I woke up and started planning events, I have learned to train my eye to a whole new world of details. It’s the small details in making an event that will stand out with a flawless presentation.

A good planner looks at the space, the placement and of course the design, but most importantly that special little detail that will make you stand out from the rest. Whether it’s your chair placement; the linen length is perfect or just making sure your centerpieces
are perfectly symmetrical with the tables. Finally the room cannot talk to you until you have the proper lighting in place.

Please call us here at Gala and let us be your experts in designing your room and just
kick back and relax and leave the details to us!

by Rosie Goulette

No comments: